Author Topic: June 18th Trail Building  (Read 7689 times)

Offline Alistair

Re: June 18th Trail Building
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2011, 10:28:46 AM »
Looks mint - well done (sorry I couldnt make it in the end, something came up).

And one for Andy : www.flickr.com  ;)

Offline Patchy

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 12:50:38 AM »
Anyone on wheel barrow duty acheing in new places this morning?  :(

Finally had time for a full run of blair and hug this arvo. The rock armour is mint, quite alot of traffic through it already and not a hint of water or sag. The little jump we built just before the repaired section really needs to dry out before too many people hit it but i guess we can't really control that.

I hadn't seen the hug boardwalk area since lysty opened and what a shock i was in for! No idea how we're going to approach fixing that section. Pallets and plastic mats were working though, maybe thats all we can do for the time being.  :-\

P.S. Did anyone pick up my black kathmandu polar fleece jumper hanging on a small tree about midway down the wheelbarrow run? Couldn't find it in the shed or at trailmix after.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 12:55:29 AM by Patchy »

Offline Numbnuts

• Ginger Vs Ugly? Ginger Wins.
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2011, 08:37:54 AM »
Nice work guys, I couldn?t make it Saturday, but helped by ?bedding in? Hug bog and the Blair repair on Sunday morning?..

Offline Moshy

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2011, 11:45:49 AM »
Yeah, you can count me in the "I pulled up a bit stiff" camp......... especially the ol' arms.

Nick was saying that there's still a need for more wooden pallets. As mentioned in an earlier post, I can get my hands on some reasonably regularly & could deliver approx. 5 (depends a bit on the quality of pallets they throw out) every Friday afternoon to Trailmix. If this is any good to youse & you were happy with the ones I supplied on Satdee, just give me the nod & i'll start collecting the decent pallets during the week.
Cheers
Moshy (Dale)

Offline Oliver

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2011, 03:14:29 PM »
Patchy, I think I have your jacket in my tool box at home will check and let you know.

Also still bloody sore this morning powered barrow the go for next build or rock shift and also defo making it a down hill push.  ???

Will be riding tomorrow cant wait

Offline Mike

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2011, 07:26:28 PM »
Just a quick update on the condition of these trails as i went riding today after a dry week and they are looking really good.

Nick's Freeway (previously Nick's bog) is holding up great and has settled in well. The berm up hill of this section still has that soft hole in it and it's getting bigger (keep an eye out as it's mid berm). all other areas seem to have drained well and the pallets have settled in and are easy to ride over, it's just the section after that's still very soft but it's much better.

Cheers,
Mike ;D

Offline labrat

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2011, 07:52:15 PM »
I agree Mike! The trails were fantastic today, and the two sections repaired in the last trail build have settled really well. Nick's freeway is perfect now, and makes the whole wheelbarrow uphill excercise very worth it :)
The pallets over the bog are great, and I rode 40km around Lysty without getting any dirt on me at all ;D

Was a great job at the trail build and am looking forward to the next one.

I happened to see a huge pile of large rocks sitting at the start of Tramline... hope these don't need to be moved by hand uphill next time?? :'(

Offline Alistair

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2011, 09:24:48 PM »
Agreed. Trails were sweet as today  :).

That berm mentioned above is definetly getting much worse though, hope its not another of those bloody springs.

Offline Oliver

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2011, 11:23:33 AM »
Yep first ride in months that I dont have to wash the bike.

Trails are riding well, just that berm to fix...Nick has a plan on that one might get it repaired next build.

Offline Nick

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2011, 12:11:50 PM »
Just a quick update on the condition of these trails as i went riding today after a dry week and they are looking really good.

Nick's Freeway (previously Nick's bog) is holding up great and has settled in well. The berm up hill of this section still has that soft hole in it and it's getting bigger (keep an eye out as it's mid berm). all other areas seem to have drained well and the pallets have settled in and are easy to ride over, it's just the section after that's still very soft but it's much better.

Cheers,
Mike ;D

as long as you rail it fast and high you should be good!
www.ridgelinemtb.com - European Style Gravity Assisted MTB Tours - BETA testing phase - Want to come help recce some awesome trails? Just pay your way - PM me for details

Want to race at Lysterfield? Checkout the racing area!