Author Topic: rubbish on trails  (Read 3065 times)

Offline ray_coleman

rubbish on trails
« on: January 14, 2013, 07:43:32 AM »
i was a bit dissapointed yesterday with the amount of rubbish that is getting left on the trails

i know that it would not be anyone on the forum, but may be we should be advising people that you have to carry out your rubbish and to be more carefull with items such as water bottles which can get left behind unintentionally.

Offline Numbnuts

• Ginger Vs Ugly? Ginger Wins.
Re: rubbish on trails
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 08:28:41 AM »
Yeah, it's not just the trails either but also the car parks from the fully sick duff duffs rocking up to "enjoy" their Maccas and pash on.

Offline Nick

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 11:43:27 AM »
Are we going to do something for clean up australia day? ride round the trails with a binbag etc?
www.ridgelinemtb.com - European Style Gravity Assisted MTB Tours - BETA testing phase - Want to come help recce some awesome trails? Just pay your way - PM me for details

Offline lard

• -=> Dave <=-
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 12:18:14 PM »
Are we going to do something for clean up australia day? ride round the trails with a binbag etc?

Good idea! 

Sunday 3rd March

Offline Nick

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 12:37:25 PM »
I propose that on the 3rd of march that wherever we are (must be on a bike tho  :)) we have a bin bag attached to our trusty camelbacks. That way any rubbish we come across on the trails we can pick up. Fingers crossed ill be on the north south track in tassie so that will get my clean up love  ;D
www.ridgelinemtb.com - European Style Gravity Assisted MTB Tours - BETA testing phase - Want to come help recce some awesome trails? Just pay your way - PM me for details

Offline Numbnuts

• Ginger Vs Ugly? Ginger Wins.
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 12:45:14 PM »
I propose that on the 3rd of march that wherever we are (must be on a bike tho  :)) we have a bin bag attached to our trusty camelbacks. That way any rubbish we come across on the trails we can pick up. Fingers crossed ill be on the north south track in tassie so that will get my clean up love  ;D

Great idea. BTW - North South track is sensational! I just got back from Tas last week and rode it both directions, frickin awesome.

Offline Mr Jake

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 05:45:57 PM »
I was out this morning and stuffed 4 empty bottles into my camelback. I reckon a bin ride is a top idea.  Rubbish pisses me off sooo much.....

Offline lard

• -=> Dave <=-
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 07:12:59 PM »
I was out this morning and stuffed 4 empty bottles into my camelback. I reckon a bin ride is a top idea.  Rubbish pisses me off sooo much.....

1 of them wasn't a small white "shots" bottle was it?  I lost it last week and went looking today,  no sign of it...

Offline Mr Jake

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 08:19:52 PM »
Nope, your off the hook

Want to race at Lysterfield? Checkout the racing area!