Author Topic: Gravity Enduro Racing @ Lysty  (Read 1708 times)

Offline Kaska

Gravity Enduro Racing @ Lysty
« on: January 25, 2013, 07:05:24 PM »
Hey all,

Is there an opportunity to hold a mini gravity enduro event at Lysty? Perhaps it can be separated into 3 stages with 2 interchanges? Riders start at a specific time, 30 second gap, and so forth, whoever finishes overall with the best time wins? For example (stage lengths guesstimates):

Stage 1
Start: Top of Track 10 and ride downhill against the direction onto Track 9, left onto Lamberts Track, ride up and turn right onto Track 15; Finish: Lamberts Track/Glen Track Junction (approx. 3.3km).

Interchange: Lamberts Track eastwards (approx. 1.6km)

Stage 2
Start: Junction of Lamberts Track and Track 2 head northwards onto Track 3 and follow Track 3 all the way around onto East West Break, turn right uphill then turn left onto Track 4; Finish: Lamberts Track (4.6km).

Interchange: Lamberts Track eastwards (approx. 0.8km)

Stage 3
A few (?) Laps of Track 11, Track 16, Track 2 and back onto Track 11 (approx. lap length 3.8km).

Can have overall winners, Hardtail / Suspension classes and age classes. Might be a good opportunity to raise some revenue for the club. Gravity enduro is popular overseas and is growing in this country (e.g. Alpine Gravity)

Just some ideas, wanna get it out there. I'm happy to help out in anyway possible.

Cheers,
Chris

Offline Brossie (Tim)

• LDTR Committee
Re: Gravity Enduro Racing @ Lysty
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 07:52:46 PM »
You are a brave man posting something like this here.

All I will say is, if you want it to happen, start the planning now - Permits, insurances, volunteers, etc.

This sounds fantastic though.

Good luck.
Keep Rollin' Rollin' Rollin.

Offline Oliver

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 08:47:14 PM »
Great idea.

Track names?

All can be arranged but would need about 5 new members to organize.

I will assist with paper work etc but would need some really keen people to arrange.

Offline Kaska

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 09:35:36 PM »
Hey Oliver,

Track numbers / names in bold:

Stage 1
Start: Top of Track 10 (State MTB Course) and ride downhill against the direction onto Track 9 (Granite Link), left onto Lamberts Track, ride up and turn right onto Track 15 (Aneurysm); Finish: Lamberts Track/Glen Track Junction (approx. 3.3km).

Interchange: Lamberts Track eastwards (approx. 1.6km)

Stage 2
Start: Junction of Lamberts Track and Track 2 (Lower Buckle) head northwards onto Track 3 (Upper Buckle) and follow Track 3 all the way around onto East West Break, turn right uphill then turn left onto Track 4 (Middle); Finish: Lamberts Track (4.6km).

Interchange: Lamberts Track eastwards (approx. 0.8km)

Stage 3
A few (?) Laps of Track 11 (Follow Me), Track 16 (Buckle Down), Track 2 (Lower Buckle) and back onto Track 11 (Follow Me) (approx. lap length 3.8km).

I'm keen and willing help!

Cheers,
Chris

Offline Oliver

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 09:51:32 PM »
Awesome trail selection...

What the club really needs is someone to organize the whole event.

I am sure if we have an experienced event organizer we could get volunteers to help.

Offline Kaska

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 10:07:55 PM »
They are awesome trails; going to ride Aneurysm for the first time Saturday. I've always wanted to ride against the direction of the State MTB track from the top down to the granite link.

Any experienced event organizers out there?? Count me in as a volunteer to assist!

Offline Brossie (Tim)

• LDTR Committee
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 09:10:54 AM »
Things to think about to make this a reality:

We need someone with some event management experience.
Need to pick a date and apply with PV for use of the trails.
Get insurance.
Map out the proposed trails for each stage.
Source volunteers (ask SES or CFA, they could run a BBQ or we donate $5 per entry)
Timing. Any suggestions?
Live band. Why not?

This is more than do-able, we just need some crew to step up and help make it happen.
Keep Rollin' Rollin' Rollin.

Want to race at Lysterfield? Checkout the racing area!