Author Topic: Vic Enduro Series (VES)  (Read 1192 times)

Offline GrumpyWookie

• Get out and ride !
    • Grumpy Wookie
Vic Enduro Series (VES)
« on: July 04, 2013, 02:14:06 PM »
The current 6hr + 3hr series has been great - with a race at You Yangs, Mt Beauty and last weekend in Albury.

Next one is at Blores Hill - end of July...

I spoke to the race organisors in Albury - they said the money raised in one weekend will fund them for the rest of the year.

Are there are thoughts/plans to do a VES event at Lysterfield ?   
Like the old 'Chase The Sun' format - perhaps for the VES calendar in 2014 ??

Something for LDTR + TrailMix to think about ?    Discuss at the AGM ?

Offline Brossie (Tim)

• LDTR Committee
Re: Vic Enduro Series (VES)
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 04:01:51 PM »
Hey,

The main issue we have, is volunteers. It takes quite a few people to NOT want to ride, and stand around all day. Running an LDTR event is high on the discussion table.

I posted up a request for volunteers to help run an AM event late last year, and got zero interest. Although going in an event is fun, its a heck of a lot harder to actually run an event. Clubs like Gippsland MTB, Geelong MTB & Wombat seem to have a good volunteer base of people that are prepared to give up a day of riding to run and event. Most of the LDTR crew are busy workers, and any leave passes we get, we'd rather be riding.

I am more than happy to have a discussion about this at AGM. I'd love to get an LDTR event/race happening at Lysty. But, its gonna take a team of us to do it.

Cheers
Keep Rollin' Rollin' Rollin.

Offline Oliver

Re: Vic Enduro Series (VES)
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 04:25:38 PM »
Agree Tim,

LDTR was formed originally to maintain the trails and make it a better place to ride.

I think that goal is close to being fulfilled and we hopefully can branch out into events. But Tim has hit the nail on the head. We basically need a second volunteer group to organise and run an event.

Maybe we can have a nomination on Monday for a couple of new committee members to wholly focus on event planning and running.

Cheers Olly

Want to race at Lysterfield? Checkout the racing area!