Author Topic: First time mountain bike rider.  (Read 997 times)

Offline klimm

First time mountain bike rider.
« on: June 01, 2014, 08:57:55 PM »
Hi everyone,

I went for my first ever mountain bike ride today and I have to say I had a blast! I rode Hug, Upper BW, lower BW, lower buckle and upper buckle. Then I got lost and not sure what I rode but it was still fun :)

I've got a crummy old MTB that I purchased in 2001 but it's only ever seen the road. Today I broke the rear shifter lever, found out that the air forks had zero air in them, and the tube from the rear tyre is almost bulging out through the side-wall. It's safe to say off-roading is a little harder on the bike than the bitumen :)

I'll give it another few runs just to make sure this isn't just another one of my "fads". If I'm still riding in another couple of months think it's time for a new bike. I'll be on here looking for lots of advice :)

Cheers,

Klimm.

Offline Brossie (Tim)

• LDTR Committee
Re: First time mountain bike rider.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 09:55:34 PM »
Hey Klimm. Welcome to the world of MTBing. It just gets better from here on in.

LDTR is a super friendly, non competitive club to join. We are all about enjoying our sport, riding with good mates and making fun trails. Feel free to join on of the rides that are posted up here on the forum. You can even post up when you are riding in the "short notice rides", if you are looking to ride with some crew.

Newbies are always welcome on the Tuesday night rides, just let us know it's your first group ride, and one of the boys will ride at your pace.

Also, try to make it along to a trail build day. Great way to meet other club members and learn a bit more about MTBing.

Hope to see you out there.

Tim
Keep Rollin' Rollin' Rollin.

Want to race at Lysterfield? Checkout the racing area!