Author Topic: My Lysterfield Vid Collection.  (Read 18485 times)

Offline IIITAK3NIII

• SCRAYOG
Re: My Lysterfield Vid Collection.
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2012, 10:34:49 AM »
So I went to Nowa Nowa mtb park last weekend and had a blast. Although the trails are not very technical there was plenty of speed to be had if your legs felt up to it!

Here is a video of trail no. 2 Jumping Jackaroo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrrSRCvJzos

Offline AG

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2012, 08:06:05 AM »
Great tune..heard it a bit lately but still haven't figured out who it is?

Offline doversby (Daz)

• LDTR Committee
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2012, 12:38:14 PM »
looks great
How long is the drive from Melboune

Offline IIITAK3NIII

• SCRAYOG
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2012, 02:20:42 PM »
Great tune..heard it a bit lately but still haven't figured out who it is?

Thanks for watching. The first song is called "get in my life" by "hermitude" The rest of the songs are hermitude also.

The drive would be 4-4.5 hours from Melbourne. It's near lakes entrance.

Don't forget to like the videos if you get the chance  ;D

Offline IIITAK3NIII

• SCRAYOG
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2012, 01:35:03 PM »
Here's a video of Track No: 5 At Nowa Nowa mtb park. The first part is steeper than any of the other trails. Pretty fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIr_00Icwns

Offline Numbnuts

• Ginger Vs Ugly? Ginger Wins.
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2012, 01:53:18 PM »
Nice *-stack around 6:40 dude.

Enjoyed that, as I sit here looking out the window at the howling wind and black skies. Seems like forever ago since wheels last touched single track, I reckon I might need some riding lessons before I head out again!

Loving the chest angle, are you using a Gopro? I picked up a chest mount for mine, but not had chance to play with it yet. What setting are you running, I read that 920 is best for chest, but looks like you're running 720 wide? Looks great, did you shoot wide or shoot 920 & crop?

Offline IIITAK3NIII

• SCRAYOG
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2012, 02:18:32 PM »
Nice *-stack around 6:40 dude.

Enjoyed that, as I sit here looking out the window at the howling wind and black skies. Seems like forever ago since wheels last touched single track, I reckon I might need some riding lessons before I head out again!

Loving the chest angle, are you using a Gopro? I picked up a chest mount for mine, but not had chance to play with it yet. What setting are you running, I read that 920 is best for chest, but looks like you're running 720 wide? Looks great, did you shoot wide or shoot 920 & crop?

Yeah, I * stack every once in a while reminds me I'm still a punter lol.

I used to use a 920p angle and just crop it but it looks * as aids. 720p at 60fps is the way to go. But when you mount it on the chest piece there are a few techniques needed.

You need to have the angle tilted upwards like this image http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/5879840/ other wise you are going to have a view with the horizon in the wrong place, then rotate the file 180 degrees using editing software. Alternatively you can use the elbow joints supplied with the GoPro to achieve the angle without mounting it upside down. Good luck.

I can't wait for this summer! So many big mtb trips planned.

Offline IIITAK3NIII

• SCRAYOG
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2012, 07:26:29 AM »
Here's a Video I have had sitting on my Computer for months now. Its a Trail at Colquhuon Forest in East Gippsland. Really fun trail similar to the flow downhill section at Buxton but a shitload longer.

As usual rate, comment and subscribe if you like my videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8gECxyXNic

Offline Alistair

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2012, 10:21:35 AM »
wow ... must ride that trail!

Offline IIITAK3NIII

• SCRAYOG
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2012, 01:40:09 PM »
Definitely! I have a beach house down in Lakes entrance So I'm looking to have it free in feb sometime for a mtb week away. It can sleep 6 in beds and up to 12 I wreckon if you bring lilos etc. Parents are happy to charge 40 bucks a head for the accomodation so hopefully I will get something sorted soon.

Offline IIITAK3NIII

• SCRAYOG
My Canberra Videos
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2012, 07:49:47 AM »
Hi guys, I have some Canberra videos for you to waste your time with at work if you're interested :P

Here's my favourite trail I have ever ridden. It's perhaps not the most challenging but the shear length of it was the best. In total I think it's 11 minutes of descending on sweet singletrack.

Canberra was an amazing holiday destination for a mtb trip. The park is awesome and even has showers! Even the climb to the summit was fun enough to make you forget you were sloggin yourself lol.

Anyways, Watch, Rate & comment if you want. And go ride your bikes! the weather is awesome today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy7cDKr3Nxw

Offline Matt

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2012, 05:17:10 PM »
OK, I am putting myself up for flaming here (because even though I am a club member I don't attend trail builds), but the open flowing nature of the video is exactly what Lysty needs more of.  An example is the run down buckle which used to be more fast flowing (I know it is/was not sustainable, and the new IMBA trail is killer) rather than the slow flowing with lots of tight corners and switchbacks that seems to dominate Lysty (and yes, I know it is not all like that and Follow Me is not like that).  I am just offering an observation that much of Lysty is tight and not always particularly flowing in design.  Now for the brown nosing to make up for my comment - I am still eternally grateful for all the trail building and just having somewhere to ride.

Offline Oliver

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2012, 06:59:10 PM »
Hi Matt

Most of the builders agree with you on this one. We are slowly opening up Lysty. Not fast enough I know but with if we can double the number of builders I am sure it would speed up ( Hint  ;D)

I do think though that Blair and hug flow quite nicely and follow me, Anurism, CGT descent IMBA trails are open and have good flow. Now some of the trails mentioned don't necessarily flow straight off but if you ride them long enough and find the good lines i think that you can have some gray fun on them.

Also it is good to have a mix of trails. Some of the tight stuff isn't that bad either, take bermacide for example, this trail is quite tight but and on first ride you might think no good, but this trail is fast becoming my favorite trail in the park. Keep riding it and try to get faster and once you find the lines it becomes a super fun trail to ride.

Would be stoked to see you attend to a build. The best way to influence a trail is to lend a hand and create some of your own majic. Also thanks for the positive spin and last comment as all LDTR builders are trying to make it a better park.

Cheers Olly

Offline Brossie (Tim)

• LDTR Committee
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2012, 08:00:43 PM »
Great vid.

The slight minor difference here is that Lysty is in the hills, Stromlo is a mountain. Elevation is key.

Good comments though Matt.
Keep Rollin' Rollin' Rollin.

Offline Matt

« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2012, 09:18:32 PM »
Actually, I did not necessarily mean it had to be downhill.  Even level(ish) ground is great if you can open the bike up a bit.

And yes, I am working on trying to attend trail building, even if only sporadically.  I do random bits of drain clearing and did some work on the upper Blair drains a couple of builds ago, a day or 2 before the build that focussed on drains, but my mattock threw a leg out of bed after an hour or so.  The issue is available time (as I am sure it is for many people), and Saturday is almost always a no go due to kids sports.   November build will be out as I have just popped a calf.  But I take the point. 

Want to race at Lysterfield? Checkout the racing area!