Author Topic: VES Blores Hill 2016 sat 23rd July  (Read 2749 times)

Offline neb

• LDTR Committee
VES Blores Hill 2016 sat 23rd July
« on: June 06, 2016, 12:59:41 PM »
Who's keen?

I was thinking or either doing the 3hr solo or 6hr in a pair.

B

Offline mak

Re: VES Blores Hill 2016 sat 23rd July
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 02:39:32 PM »
Baldydave and myself will be doing the 6hr team race

Offline merryn

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 04:51:49 PM »
I am doing the 3hr

Offline Ads

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 07:29:06 PM »
I will be doing something there. Either the 6 HR with a mate, or the 3hr solo.

Offline neb

• LDTR Committee
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 01:23:47 PM »
Sweet guys, might be a bunch of 3hrs out there!

I've got a mate who runs the school camp next to the trail head so was thinking of booking there on Sat night to ride Sunday too if others are keen for acom then let me know.

FYI I rode the trails yesterday they are DRY!

Ben

Offline Baldydave

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 06:24:49 PM »
Hi Ben, any ideas who has the Ldtr marquee or bringing it. Marcus and I will be there early for the 6hr team and we can setup, would be good for all the ldtr guys to use it as well. Also camping sounds neat, are they cabin style? Would also be good to have a spin evening before race as never been there before.
Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline neb

• LDTR Committee
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 02:47:45 PM »
G'day Dave,

The 3x3 is back in the container at the PV depo, I can pick it up and bring it to the race. Did you go last year, can you park cars next to the 3x3?

Re acom, it's a school camp style cabin acom, could sleep 24 I think. Big industrial kitchen/living area. And a big fire pit outside with heaps of wood to burn, backs on to the lake too. I'll ask my mate how much and if it's available.

Ben

Offline Travis22

• LDTR Committee
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2016, 01:17:47 AM »
Hi Ben, Im keen to do the Blores Hill 6hr.

I havent done a race there before but i have ridden there and camped at the caravan park where it appears they do the staging area / carparking during the race.

Im not 100% sure as to parking cars beside the gazebos etc. However on the website for the race there is video from last years race and you can see from the drone footage that all of the cars as parked in one area and the tents / gazebos are infront of them, so there is a row of cars that appear to back onto the tents then the rest of the cars are further away.

Are you guys intending to go up on the Friday afternoon / night? Or to stay the Sat night after the race?

Travis.

Offline neb

• LDTR Committee
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2016, 09:47:22 AM »
So it's $25 PP PN for the acom, let me know if you're keen? I was planing on coming up Friday arvo/night and staying till Sunday.

By the sound of it we will be able to get at least one car in to the TZ, I'll have my patio heater and the club 3x3 FYI.

B

Offline mak

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2016, 12:54:48 PM »
Hi Ben, I'm keen to head up Fri arvo return Sun. Cheers Marcus

Offline Ads

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2016, 07:04:11 PM »
I am keen to do the three hour. Would be interested in the accom for the weekend

Offline Travis22

• LDTR Committee
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2016, 12:43:14 AM »
Anyone interested in heading out there sometime this weekend for a couple laps?

Re: Accom Ben, i wouldnt mind joining you guys on the Friday night. Sat night im not 100% sure atm.

Travis.

Offline CKaos

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2016, 02:50:47 PM »
I'm planning to head up with a few others this Saturday.  If we have enough time we may also head out back to Pete's Track, which is a natural flow track that drops about 150vm over 4.1k - and has a 2WD vehicle track runing top to bottom.

Blores is a great MTB park that sits in a westerly rain shadow and it drains really well.  They got 100mm there Monday - Thursday last week and a friend that rode there Saturday reported 1 puddle.  I think the race loop is about 9k this year and they include the 1k VERY rocky trig section, the rest is fast & flowy with no brutal climbing.

Not sure about space for extras, but I'm happy to hook up to show others around.

Offline Travis22

• LDTR Committee
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2016, 05:36:49 PM »
Hi CKaos, what time are you guys thinking of heading out there on Saturday?

Ive been there once before when i rode all of the trails inc trig. Really enjoyed trig at the time as it really reminded me of the rock garden at the old Mt Stanley downhill track back in the late 90's and after a 10year break from riding and having only been back and riding at Lysty, trig track at blores really put a smile on my dial and reminded me what else is out there.

Still, the thought of doing trig over and over and over in a 6hr has me a little worried. Hence id like to head out this weekend for a refresher.

It would be great to ride with you guys there if you dont mind me tagging along and the times work out. I dont think i can get there before lunchtime - say 11:30-12noon. No stress tho ill have plenty of time Saturday week to get to know the course a bit better if i dont get out this weekend ;)

Travis.

Offline CKaos

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2016, 05:56:05 PM »
Righto Travis,

I haven't set any times as yet, but I think there will be 3 others interested - so possibly a second car regardless.  From Berwick it's a comfortable 2 hr drive - so 4 hrs commute total.  If the crew I go with are keen to look at Pete's Track we can head over and do that from 10-12 then head back to Blores for 2-3 hrs riding starting around 12.30. Otherwise, 12 isn't a bad time to T-off at Blores.

There is a new flow track off the back of Trig and they have done good things with Wednesday I am told.  Also, one of the best trails there is Smiley J which isn't in the race.

So I would think we will do a lap of the race track 1st, head through Trig again and pick up the new flow track, head over to Wednesday and back down Smiley J.  That should take a little under 2 hrs (30k).  Then do whatever the majority chooses after that (just time for 1 more lap depending on the route).

If you want me to share the final detail with you once we work out what's what later in the week - just tell me a ride you have done lately that I will be able to find on Strava (segment & date) and I will attach my mobile number as a comment on that (unless you are happy to leave yours on this forum.)

Cheers CK (Craig)

Want to race at Lysterfield? Checkout the racing area!