Author Topic: Linking Strava and TrailForks  (Read 804 times)

Offline Nate

• LDTR Committee
Linking Strava and TrailForks
« on: June 25, 2017, 03:22:34 PM »
Do you use Strava? We'd love it for those who ride Lysterfield Park and who use Strava to link their account to a Trailforks account and set up ride logs. This helps accumulate data for us as a club, which will help us advocate for more trails and improve the park.
Follow the instructions on this page: https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/stravaguide/
This is one way you can help support the club, without giving up any of your money or time.
Help us make Lysty better!
LDTR Social Media & Head Trail Builder

Offline CKaos

Re: Linking Strava and TrailForks
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 12:00:37 AM »
So, what if un sanctioned trails showed up on this feed?  Is this good or bad? Does the risk of highlighting the fact that park users find the need to venture beyond the signs outweigh the target that it would paint on these trails?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Nate

• LDTR Committee
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 12:59:53 AM »
So, what if un sanctioned trails showed up on this feed?  Is this good or bad? Does the risk of highlighting the fact that park users find the need to venture beyond the signs outweigh the target that it would paint on these trails?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unsactioned trails aren't shown on trailforks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
LDTR Social Media & Head Trail Builder

Offline Vossy

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 10:32:38 PM »
Hi All
You don't need to link Strava to generate check ins on Trail forks. You can simply create a Trailforks user account and generate ride logs for the trails ridden.

On a related topic, the stats for the trails ridden suggest that its becoming the recreational domain of blokes approaching middle age. Yes I'm one of those making up the predominant age group. However it would be great to see the figures more representative of the diversity of people I see using the trails. I encourage everyone, particularly the female cyclists, to help create a more representative user demographic.

Cheers

Offline neb

• LDTR Committee
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 01:20:09 AM »
Hi Vossy I'm not sure I follow your suggestion on not linking trailforks to Strava. We want it to be easy/automatic.

FYI since starting our campaign to get people to link Strava to Trailforks the park has elevated from number four in Australia to number two. And the number of activities from 2.5K to 10.5K.

This information is very valuable when talking to the big end of town.

With regard to females, yes I agree it would be good to get more of them to link strava to trailforks that's if they use Strava! We know females make up about 14% of the pie in MTB currently.

Cheers

Ben

Want to race at Lysterfield? Checkout the racing area!