Author Topic: Regular Womens Rides?  (Read 8120 times)

Offline Christine

Re: Regular Womens Rides?
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2012, 04:33:02 PM »
Hey Tim, I'd lead a women's group but I've only been night riding a handful of times. Maybe  when it's lighte

I'm keen to come along to the group  ride soon. It tends not to fit with my baker's sleeping schedule though.

Offline Lucybay

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2012, 10:39:05 AM »
Hi, I'm wanting to get into mountain biking I'm a 24 year old female haven't really done it before would this be a good place to start? Or do you have any other suggestions? I would love to start up riding regularly

Offline Christine

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2012, 01:02:07 PM »
Hi Lucy

Yep I think this is a great place to start! I've been on a couple of LDTR social rides and they always try to cater for all abilities, sometimes splitting into slower and faster groups. Everyone is very friendly and fun. Let us know if you're keen to meet up for a ride.

Christine

Offline Lucybay

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2012, 08:53:13 AM »
Hi Christine,

thank you for that I will definately hit you up when I have got a bike ... do you go often??

Lucy  ;D

Offline Christine

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2012, 10:45:06 AM »
Hey Lucy, I get out for a ride about once a week. I usually ride at lyster. I will probably ride next Sunday 28th. Also, I think there's a women's ride that's organised by trailmix that you  can just rock up to at 9am every Sunday.  Don't know if they cater for full beginners though. It sort of depends on who else is on the ride.

I'm pretty sure you can hire a bike through trailmix too. From memory it is $50 for a full day, less for a couple of hours but that may have changed now. Best to drop in to the shop and ask.

Offline Lucybay

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2012, 04:13:33 PM »
Thanks  ;D

Offline miked1903

• Fat middle age border line alcoholic
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2012, 12:56:55 PM »
Trailmix posted this on their FB page.

Women's Beginners MTB Ride..
kicks off Friday (yes, tomorrow) at 930am, with Lysterfield local Tania Plaz taking a group of girls out to the woods with her. If you're keen and don't have a bike, we have hire bikes available!

Women's MTB Social Ride...
kicks off Saturday 12noon @ Tmix HQ, with Megs & Dee!! (Will resume on Sunday next week!)

Offline ariyates

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2013, 06:41:09 PM »
Hi Girls,

If anyone is up for a ride this week I'd love to head out! Just post a message up here and we can figure it out from there.

Ari

Offline JESSKA

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2013, 11:17:08 AM »
Hi, I can ride Monday after work around 5-5:30pm. Have you got lights?

Offline Just Pedal

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2017, 09:01:34 PM »
Any women out there still riding social rides, my wife is interested ?

Offline Zoe

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2017, 08:07:14 PM »
Hi  :)

I am planning on, and have been, riding every weekend and I have, hopefully, re-gigged my work so I can come on Tuesdays and Thursdays (Thursdays from next week). I am sure I'll be happily off the back of the group on Tuesdays for some time  ;) so company would be great.

Weekends (except this one as I am helping with a trail running event) either day, or both, earlyish is good. I generally ride solo or sucker people in to ride with me. Warning I ride at a very "social" pace, talk to myself and do mild stacks on open ground ;)

My email is in my profile if she wants to ride shoot me a note and I'll send my number and all that :)

Oh and PS I am a woman ;) :P

Want to race at Lysterfield? Checkout the racing area!