Author Topic: Ignition MTB festival Falls Creek or B24 @ Bright, Nov 18-19 who is doing what?  (Read 846 times)

Offline Baldydave

Thought I'd start a posts on the awesome events that fall on same weekend on November 18-19. Shame they are both on same dates.

Am interested in Falls this year as Racing ATM has been very stale. So I do like the social expect of the Falls creek festival has to offer in terms of riding and possibly some beers in the evening!!!

Who is doing what this year??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Brossie (Tim)

• LDTR Committee
Hey Dave, Alf, Dunc, Daz and i are all going to Ignition this year Instead of the Bright24.
Keep Rollin' Rollin' Rollin.

Offline doversby (Daz)

• LDTR Committee
Locked and loaded

Offline doversby (Daz)

• LDTR Committee
Thought I'd start a posts on the awesome events that fall on same weekend on November 18-19. Shame they are both on same dates.

Am interested in Falls this year as Racing ATM has been very stale. So I do like the social expect of the Falls creek festival has to offer in terms of riding and possibly some beers in the evening!!!

Who is doing what this year??

Also believe based on FB discussions travis Crowther is keen for IGNITION

Offline Brossie (Tim)

• LDTR Committee
Weve booked a 4 berth studio at Cedarwood apartments. Works out at $44 per person per night

Offline Baldydave

Cheers for that Tim, yeah Travis is definitely in as well, have got 2 others going as well, will prob organize accommodation in next couple days.
Cheers

Offline Plankosaurus

So wait, am I defending our b24 second place all by myself?!?

Aye caramba!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Offline Baldydave

So wait, am I defending our b24 second place all by myself?!?

Aye caramba!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Oops sorry Dale you and Ben hopefully representing Ldtr1 and defending our Runner up trophy, you can always go Pairs for 24 hours on a single speed, I know that sounds crazy Dale, but thats the crazy kinda stuff your into isn't it....
My racing motivation is lacking this year.
Hopefully will be back for the B24 in 2018.

Offline CKaos

Hi

I'm keen to head back up to Falls.  More the merrier - if we have a sizable crew all staying close (I think the Country Club and Gebi's have similar pricing and all are within 200m's of each other), we could create a variety of ride choices and do our own shuttling if required. An extra day would be worth while. If there is a few interested in that it would be worth sorting accommodation as a group.

CK

Offline Baldydave

Hi guys, I secured the last 4 person studio @ cedarwood apartments for 2 nights as I couldn't pass it, the costs for extra ppl after 4 wasn't cheaper. I have already secured the 4 ppl going to Falls. Will update if anyone pulls out.

Craig last I heard Minwoo is keen, so I would imagine more ppl would be interested as it's only early days, sorry  Craig I booked the rooms before I saw your posts.

Dave

Offline Brossie (Tim)

• LDTR Committee
Craig we are planning on doing the festival rides - Fainters on Sat, shuttles on sunday. Its all included in the rego.

Offline CKaos

Hey Tim,

There are a few other worthwhile options in the area.  A few I have done and others that I have contemplated over the years. Heaps of great huts up top to visit, and a few options for top to bottom runs (ie the car shuffle suggestion or see if they could be worked into the Fainters itinerary).  I'm sure the programmed stuff will be great, but an extra day would make the long drive worthwhile.

CK

Offline Brossie (Tim)

• LDTR Committee
Thanks for the suggestion Craig. Looks like this trip will just be up Friday night, back Sunday night.

Maybe we need to organize a club trip up there in January and so a 2, 3 and 4 day option. People just come up for add long as they can. Hit up Mt Beauty as well.

Offline CKaos

Hey Tim, that could be a good suggestion,

Looking at the snow currently about, January may be a better time to hit the area up. The Fainters Fire trail can be pretty wet and it takes a while to dry out. Certainly won't dry out if there are still snow drifts about on the Fainters & The Mountain formerly know as Niggerheads. Remember, I hate mud  - especially when I have to ride another 35k's once I get my bike muddy. I will leave the Ignition Festival until a little closer to the time to see what the weather has done.

The trails around the resort should be fine (ish) and there is plenty to do there to keep you entertained for 2 days.

If I decide to go I will fish around to see if anyone has 'over catered' on beds before I chase up accommodation.

Cheers, CK

Want to race at Lysterfield? Checkout the racing area!