Author Topic: VES Trail Build Day  (Read 346 times)

Online Nate

• LDTR Committee
VES Trail Build Day
« on: May 01, 2018, 08:25:13 AM »
Trail Build/Maintenance Day

DATE & TIME: 8:30am, Saturday 5th May 2018 (THIS SATURDAY)

REGISTRATION: Online registration will be posted soon, however you're more than welcome to turn up on the day and sign in there.

MEETING: Parks Vic Depot (Just above Skills Park)

WORKS:
We will be completing drainage along as many of the trails being used for the VES race course (20th May). We'll do an instructional at the beginning on what we will be doing before splitting off and covering as much ground as possible (depending on numbers).

BRING: Water, food, shovel (if you prefer your own shovel), good shoes (preferably steel capped) and appropriate clothing for weather. There'll be a bit of walking.

Please let us know if you're attending by replying on this forum thread (so we can organise tools and food etc).
If you have any questions, please ask away.
BBQ and cold drinks provided for free to volunteers at the end of the build.

BYO food if you have any special food requirements.

Builds usually run for 5 hours. If you need to leave early or are arriving later in the day, please message me on this forum or contact us via our contact form at www.lysterfieldmtb.com

Hope to see you there.
Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

LDTR Social Media & Head Trail Builder

Online Nate

• LDTR Committee

Offline Vossy

Re: VES Trail Build Day
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 04:43:04 PM »
Greetings Nate,
I doubt Glenn Track will need anything doing. Middle could use the existing drains to be cleared mostly of leaf litter, and some of the silt / sand build up removed from a few corners. I rode this trail today and most of it was fine.
The ride lines are pretty well established on the of modified parts of RedGum and the state course from the last trail build. Very dry and powdery. There is one corner on RedGum that regularly forms a muddy puddle after some rain but once the existing drain is cleared and the lip removed it should be fine.
I don't know about the current condition of Comm Games.
Hope this helps out on where to focus some of the effort.

Online Nate

• LDTR Committee
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 07:32:32 PM »
Greetings Nate,
I doubt Glenn Track will need anything doing. Middle could use the existing drains to be cleared mostly of leaf litter, and some of the silt / sand build up removed from a few corners. I rode this trail today and most of it was fine.
The ride lines are pretty well established on the of modified parts of RedGum and the state course from the last trail build. Very dry and powdery. There is one corner on RedGum that regularly forms a muddy puddle after some rain but once the existing drain is cleared and the lip removed it should be fine.
I don't know about the current condition of Comm Games.
Hope this helps out on where to focus some of the effort.
Cheers, thanks heaps for that

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Online Nate

• LDTR Committee
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2018, 06:20:15 PM »
Massive thanks to the 7 volunteers who covered a lot of ground today clearing drains, removing overgrown vegetation and clearing sticks/debris from the track. A total of 42 volunteer hours contributed to the trails.

We completed drainage along all of Middle track, Redgum track (new sections), State Mountain Bike Course (excluding the descent) and Aneurysm.

A huge effort for such a small crew that hopefully will be noticed by those who ride it over the coming weeks and those at the race.

Register for Golden Goat Challenge at www.LDTRVES.com

We'll be having another build hopefully at the very end of the month so keep an eye out.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Lysterfieldmtb/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1688997294470791

Offline CKaos

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 01:56:18 PM »
Hey all.

There are a few jobs left over from last Saturday that require attention before the Golden Goat. Pretty much just clearing drains.

I’m planning to hit the shovel again on Saturday the 12th of May (this Saturday) meeting at the CGT car park on Hallam North Rd around 11 am.

Another few sets of hands would be much appreciated. I will gab a few tools from the club supplies - but if you have a rake hoe and / or shovel you can bring that would be great. PM me if you are keen so we can swap phone numbers.

This will be a sanctioned build, so we will be able to drive to the work area.

Cheers, Craig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Vossy

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2018, 04:33:08 PM »
Hi Craig,
Count me in for the VES left over work.
I rode Middle the other day and noticed a few puddles that would benefit from back filling with gravel if possible. If you can get hold of a wheel barrow and possibly trailer some of the aggregate fill remaining from previous builds would be great.

Cheers

Offline CKaos

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2018, 05:41:51 PM »
Hey again,

I'm getting a few more people interested than I had anticipated - that's awesome!!

We will be going ahead regardless of the weather. I have 5 starters which means I will need to grab some tools from the club supplies.  If you are coming please let me know so I can provide adequate tools and food for a BBQ afterwards.

Cheers, Craig.

Offline CKaos

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2018, 10:03:18 PM »
A big thanks to the 8 that turned up today to turn some dirt for the greater good.

The work was mostly on Middle between Lambert’s and Donelan. Lots of great work to prevent further erosion, and to drain some wet spots.

We took on a few tricky wet spots that will need a little dry time to settle properly as the fill we used was already wet. Otherwise, they will settle with ruts and need some further attention later.

All up, the trails will be more ‘water proof‘ for our efforts, and the VES racers should have a tolerable circuit, regardless of conditions.

We get great encouragement from all the positive comments offered by passing riders. When it comes to keeping trails in good order, many hands make light work!!

As you read these posts, consider making a day with your riding friends t spend a day on the shovel. It’s not a bad day out really.

I get that your time is tight, but if you really enjoy your brief period of ‘serenity’ each week on the Lystie trails, think for a minute how that all comes together...

You don’t need to be a member of LDTR to lend a hand. There is a few moments of formality to get us on the same page in a safe frame of mind at the start of the day, and we do need to work within IMBA parameters, but otherwise it is a fairly self paced day.

Thanks again to those that kicked in today, and hope to see some fresh faces in the near future.

Craig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Want to race at Lysterfield? Checkout the racing area!