Author Topic: Sunday MAY 27 - Trail Build - Lower Buckle  (Read 66 times)

Offline Nate

• LDTR Committee
Sunday MAY 27 - Trail Build - Lower Buckle
« on: May 16, 2018, 10:19:47 PM »
Trail Build/Maintenance Day

DATE & TIME: 8:30am, Sunday 27th May 2018

REGISTRATION: Online registration will be posted soon, however you're more than welcome to turn up on the day and sign in there.

MEETING: Parks Vic Depot (Just above Skills Park)

WORKS:
We will be working on Lower Buckle trail trying to tick of 13 major features/sections. A lot of this is replacing wooden features with rock, but will also require some drainage. A large amount of the preparation will be completed the day prior, however a machine will still be used on the day.

BRING: Water, food, shovel (if you prefer your own shovel), good shoes (preferably steel capped) and appropriate clothing for weather.

Please let us know if you're attending by replying on this forum thread (so we can organise tools and food etc).
If you have any questions, please ask away.
BBQ and cold drinks provided for free to volunteers at the end of the build.

BYO food if you have any special food requirements.

Builds usually run for 4-6 hours. If you need to leave early or are arriving later in the day, please message me on this forum or contact us via our contact form at www.lysterfieldmtb.com

Hope to see you there.
Cheers.
LDTR Social Media & Head Trail Builder

Offline Nate

• LDTR Committee
Re: Sunday MAY 27 - Trail Build - Lower Buckle
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 10:30:39 PM »
This will be a huge build. Mainly in terms of covering ground as we'll be basically working from near the Start of Lower Buckle/Mahogany track all the way to the top of Lower Buckle where it meets the start of Follow Me.

Some of these features we're replacing wood with will be completed on the Saturday the day before, however we'll also be sourcing rocks that day and trying to move materials as close as possible.

It would be great for those that are coming on Sunday to bring a box trailer (if you have one) or a wheel barrow. The main issue will be getting materials to each feature we need to replace the wood in as there isn't a very quick path into the trail from fire trails at certain points.

Cheers,
Nate.

Offline Vossy

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 04:23:13 PM »
Hi Nate,
I'm available to help out both days if needed. Saw the paint markings along the trail for what you want to tackle.
What sort of tools, apart from a wheel barrow, do you think would be handy for 1) removal and 2) build?
Cheers
Marco

Offline Nate

• LDTR Committee
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 07:06:23 PM »
Hey Marco,
Praveen and I will be there tomorrow at 10am (rangers yard).

Honestly, wheel barrow would be all at this stage.

Tomorrow we'll just remove the designated features with the machine and hopefully you or Praveen can guide riders/do some drainage along the way.

And if there's time try to move materials to the feature spots to rebuild them. If not, We'll do this on sunday.

Cheers ☺

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Want to race at Lysterfield? Checkout the racing area!