Author Topic: November Trail Build  (Read 107 times)

Offline praveensm27

• LDTR Committee
November Trail Build
« on: October 22, 2018, 09:13:56 PM »
DATE & TIME: Sunday 11th of November 8:30am

Online registration will be posted soon. We encourage you to sign in online. However, you are more than welcome to turn up on the day and sign in there.

MEETING POINT:

Parks VIC Deport (Just above the Skill Park) 13 Reservoir Road, Narre Warren North.

WORKS:

We will be working on lower section of Follow Me to maintain and reshape exiting trail features and address existing drainage issues.

BRING:

Water, food, shovel (If you prefer your own shovel), good shoes (preferably steel capped) and appropriate clothing for weather.

Please let us know if you are attending by replying on this forum thread, so we can organise tools and food etc.

If you have any question, please ask away.

BBQ and cold drinks will be provided for free to volunteers at the end of the build.

BYO food if you have a special food requirement

Builds usually run for 4-6 hours and if you want to leave early or arrive late on that day, please message me on this forum or contact us via our form at www.lysterfieldmtb.com.

Hope to see you there.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Plankosaurus

Re: November Trail Build
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 06:29:24 PM »
Hey champ, if you can make use of some PVC pipe for drainage let me know. I have access to a bunch of 90mm storm and 100mm sewer offcuts if we're still using the stuff.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Offline Vossy

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 06:39:03 PM »
Greetings All,
Any idea when the Parks Connect page will have the online registration available? Just checked the Parks Connect volunteer activities page but the trailbuild for Sunday isn't even listed. I'm assuming just turn up on the day and the bureaucracy will be completed at some stage if it doesn't get posted.
Cheers
Vossy

Offline Derek Main

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 10:06:50 PM »
Hi,
Coming in for the November build but won’t be able to get there till about 930, will the horswood gate be left open to get in?

Cheers Derek

Offline praveensm27

• LDTR Committee
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 10:11:06 PM »
Greetings All,
Any idea when the Parks Connect page will have the online registration available? Just checked the Parks Connect volunteer activities page but the trailbuild for Sunday isn't even listed. I'm assuming just turn up on the day and the bureaucracy will be completed at some stage if it doesn't get posted.
Cheers
Vossy
Hi  Vossy

For some unknown reason activity doesn’t appear on Park connect page. We will have a signup sheet on the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Nate

• LDTR Committee
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 09:44:59 AM »
Thank you to the 12 volunteers who contributed 70+ volunteer hours today on the trail build along Follow Me.

https://www.facebook.com/Lysterfieldmtb/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1946522945384890

On the build we reshaped the existing berms in the lower section of Follow Me.
Some of the berms were extended to improve the ride quality.
Existing double rollers were converted to a gap jump and drainage was also added and improved.
A majority of timber from existing features were removed and replaced with rock and cohesive material.

Existing drainage was cleared and new drainage paths were added during the build.

Our next builds are December 1st and 2nd. Please pencil these in your calendar if you want to attend our last builds for the year.

Images and words thanks to @praveensm27

#RIDELYSTY #LDTR #LYSTERFIELDMTB
LDTR Social Media & Head Trail Builder

Want to race at Lysterfield? Checkout the racing area!