Author Topic: Lysterfield Trail maintance  (Read 14453 times)

Offline lard

• -=> Dave <=-
Re: Lysterfield Trail maintance
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2011, 10:20:42 PM »
So are trails open again?  or still officially closed?  I was hoping to get out for a loop tomorrow if the single track is open.

Offline Oliver

« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2011, 11:11:46 PM »
Yes sorry for the delay in changing the website. Trails are re-open. Buckle still quite wet though.

Offline Oliver

« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2011, 04:24:56 PM »
New section is draining perfectly. Still a bit loose on top but overall this track should not have any water issues.

Flow is not 100% but I think the crew has learnt a ton from building this trail. Berms flow really nicely and you can hold speed throughout.

Now to the rest of the 20K's of track  :P

Section we drained last weekend  is working well other than a fairly deep rut from people riding the trails in very muddy conditions. Small re-work on these and then onto the rest of middle trail.

See you all on the 5th of Feb, hopefully we can have the digger on site to help things along.

Offline Cranker

« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2011, 07:35:02 PM »
When I go, I want to go peacefully like my grandpa!.......not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car!

Offline lard

• -=> Dave <=-
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2011, 10:09:57 PM »

Just a little bit of maintenance I think we should do at some point.  On the track that joins the trailmix track down to the pump track there's a water pipe popping up out of the ground and an angle to the track.   I've always been really careful of it as it's a slippery sucker.  Last week a mate came a cropper on it and ended up digging gravel out of his arm for the rest of the day.   I think if we drop a load of dirt over it'll fix the problem. 

Offline BW

« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2011, 08:45:59 AM »
There are a couple of trees down, on a couple of trails. (been down for a while)
At the end of lower buckle (the start of number 3) upper buckle. you can go left to start number 3 or you can go right onto Boys farm for about 50 metres there is a post marked number 3 on the left.

The tree down on it has been down for about mmm a year.

Then the next tree down is on trail number 3 when you come up to powells  track, you could turn right and ride up to pound to the next number 3 sign.

Are parks going to move them or are they there to stay? as they have been down for a while.

Also I was wonder what is going to happen on Middle Trail?

Cheers

Offline lard

• -=> Dave <=-
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2011, 02:07:19 PM »

Just a little bit of maintenance I think we should do at some point.  On the track that joins the trailmix track down to the pump track there's a water pipe popping up out of the ground and an angle to the track.   I've always been really careful of it as it's a slippery sucker.  Last week a mate came a cropper on it and ended up digging gravel out of his arm for the rest of the day.   I think if we drop a load of dirt over it'll fix the problem. 

I saw thursday this area has been fixed up.  Thanks guys!

Want to race at Lysterfield? Checkout the racing area!