Author Topic: March 19th Trail Build Day  (Read 5023 times)

Offline cam229

March 19th Trail Build Day
« on: March 03, 2011, 10:53:57 AM »
Hi Guys,

With the current state of Lysty and PV stopping all persons from entering the park, apart from the picnic area, will the next trail maintenance day be happening?

Cam

Offline Andrew

Re: March 19th Trail Build Day
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 01:04:19 PM »
I hope there is something we can do....
It is a question i will put to PV soon, Mabey we can work on the skills section?

Offline cam229

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 01:33:57 PM »
Bad news, my Boss has signed me up to work on the 19th at the schools expo on the 17th to the 19th, so if the trail build happens, I cant make it. April is looking good at this stage.

At least some good news about Lysty, that it may be opening up for the Easter weekend.

Cam

Offline Matt

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 08:29:40 AM »
In relation to trail building, I was looking at the PV website for You Yangs and they are saying Easter, but importantly they say they are rebuilding the trails before then, and have a couple of pictures.  The website for Lysterfield just says park closed.  Does anyone know if they are also fixing the trails?  If not, does anyone actually know why it is taking so long to re-open?  Thanks.

Offline Andrew

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 10:53:24 AM »
The club is in regular contact with PV, there has been no mtb trail building out there yet, )i am itching to get out there. There will be an update from PV this week, hopefully giving us a time line. Keep an eye on the front page of Lysterfieldmtb.com!

I think it may be a matter of short term pain for long term gain, if the MTB community can stay strong :) 

Offline Andrew

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 12:36:11 PM »
The March 19th build is definitely on... we are still in discussion about what we will be doing, but please attend and hopefully we can dust of the MTB!!!

The more people that attend the sooner we will be able to open the MTB trails at LYsterfield ;D

Offline Andrew

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 05:51:09 PM »
Please get the word out.... Turn up to the Trail Day 19th march 10am from trail mix, hopefully we will be able to get the trails "OPEN"!!! yea!!!

If we get enough people out there on Sat we should be able to open some trails!!!

Offline AndrewM

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 10:03:56 PM »
Hi,  as a newby here, what tools will be required?

Offline Oliver

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 07:15:33 AM »
No tools required as such, we have a trailer full of racks, shovels and matics. Always welcome to bring your own but not really required.

Just make sure you wear sturdy shoes and bring along some water for the day.

See you there.

Olly

Offline lard

• -=> Dave <=-
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 11:56:19 AM »
Is anyone getting there early?  We've had 8am starts previously and that works well for me as I have to leave by midday-ish.

Offline Oliver

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 02:16:10 PM »
Hi Lard,

I will be starting at 8am, meet you at Trailmix then and anyone else who likes the early shift  ;D

Olly

Offline lard

• -=> Dave <=-
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 03:58:37 PM »
Hi Lard,

I will be starting at 8am, meet you at Trailmix then and anyone else who likes the early shift  ;D

Olly

Great I'll cya there bright and early!

I spose it's not with bringing the bike as we're not allowed to ride anywhere?

Offline Mike

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2011, 05:52:19 PM »
Hi Olly & Lard,

I will also be there at 8.00am to help with the early shift.

Thanks,

Mike

Offline DaveN

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2011, 08:44:46 PM »
8am for me also

Offline Oliver

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2011, 04:12:13 PM »
Hi All,

What a success, we had around 30 volunteers today giving up their time to get the trails back in ridable condition.

We got around 500 meters completed Re-routing, draining, armouring and putting in some nice trail c/w cambered corners roll overs etc. Still heaps to go but progress is being made to finally upgrade that boggy mess called Buckle.

Big thanks for Trailmix Crew getting the trail aligned and started ready for the LDTR crew to create some magic. Also thanks to PV for the machinery and lunch.

Keep an eye on the website as we might be having some mid week builds that will keep the progress going.

Also I will update the forum and website for our next build dates, I will try and get the OK from PV to have a 2 day working Bee over easter. My thoughts are Friday & Saturday on the Easter weekend. Any suggestions feel free to add.

Cheers Olly

Want to race at Lysterfield? Checkout the racing area!