Author Topic: Another female just joined!  (Read 1524 times)

Offline redflash (Jackie)

Another female just joined!
« on: July 11, 2012, 09:29:31 PM »
Hi there,
Seems like a great club and I love Lysterfield. I'd love to ride Sundays when anyone's going out. Have found it hard to find regular riding partners so look forward to meeting up with some of you.

Re: Another female just joined!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 10:42:29 PM »
Thanks IBO. Would love to help but work every Saturday afternoon. Hope it goes well and weather stays reasonable.

Offline Numbnuts

• Ginger Vs Ugly? Ginger Wins.
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 11:51:34 PM »
G'day Jackie, welcome.

There's a few females in the club i think, no reason not to ride with the blokes as well though, we're mostly a nice bunch  ;D

I think there used to be a weekly women's ride organized by trailmix on a Sunday morning, not sure if they still do it?

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 11:38:28 AM »
Thanks Anthony

Apparently that doesn't happen any more. Happy to ride with the blokes. Think I can be up with them but did 34-35 min laps at first CTS (not trying to make myself sound good!). Just want the blokes to know I won't slow them down too much!

Offline hels_bels

• LDTR Committee
  • Does the word 'shred' mean anything to you?
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 06:20:41 PM »
Hi Jackie,

2 chicks in 2 days... we live in exciting times!  Slowly but surely we may take over the world...

Look forward to meeting you, perhaps on one of the rare tues night rides i get to (work gets in the way of that one!)

Helen.

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 06:45:32 PM »
Thanks Helen. I rode this morning with Ian, Stefan and Will, which was great. Look forward to seeing you also on a Tuesday night when the weather gets better. I normally work Tuesday night but will do some shift swaps.

Offline BarmyBee

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 11:12:44 AM »
Where did you ride, Jackie? Everywhere seems so wet! I went to the Scout park (Dallas Brooks Park, Upper Beaconsfield) on Saturday, but sections were so wet and rutted, they were dangerous.

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 03:53:44 PM »
Just around the fire trails at Lysterfield. They were pretty wet too. Today should dry some out though.

Want to race at Lysterfield? Checkout the racing area!